There are so many people who don’t even have a house phone any more so the old fashion answering machine that at one time was in every house in America is now becoming an extinct species. However, voice mail has replaced the answering machine and there are ways to use it as your secret marketing machine.
To do this you have to think outside of the box of the conventional messages that use to be left. Now, you can use your outgoing message to give marketing messages to the caller.
Here are some marketing ideas to share with the caller.
- Your name and your business name are still important to share with the caller. Let them know that what company they called and who they are calling within the company.
2. You can share any specials or sales that your company is having this week.
3. Share some questions and answers in your message.
4. Share your social media on your outgoing message. That way they can connect with you.
5. Share some industry news and help them with that news.
When using your voice mail remember to be different with your message. It will not only set you apart from others it will also be a great way to share information with your customers.
Do you have an unique voice mail going out on your phone? Tell me about it.